Please refer to the following points if you want to connect a headphone or an earphone to a terminal in a satellite computer room.
Locations of headphone output sockets (2 places)
There are two audio playback devices: a speaker (Dell AC 511 USB SoundBar) on the bottom of the display and a built-in speaker (Realtek Audio). By default, it is set to be output to the speaker on the bottom of the display, and the volume is muted.
Locations of headphone output sockets are as follows:
- The left side of the speaker on the bottom of the display
- Front panel of the PC (connected to the built-in speaker)
How to change the output destination device (Windows)
To change the audio output destination, follow the procedure below.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area of the taskbar and select “Playback devices”.
- Select the output destination device in the “Playback” tab and click on the “Set Default” button.
- If you want to output from the speaker on the bottom of the display, select “スピーカー (Dell AC511 USB SoundBar)” as the default device (this is the default setting).
- If you want to output from the built-in speaker, select “スピーカー / ヘッドホン (Realtek Audio)” as the default device.
- In addition, when you connect a headphone or a earphone to the headphone socket on the front panel of the PC, the following dialog appears, but the output destination cannot be changed in this dialog. If you want to change the output destination, click on the “Set Default Device” to display the dialog above and set the default device. After that, select “Headphones” if the device you connected is a headphone or a earphone, and click on “OK”.
Sound on/off, volume (Windows)
To set sound on/off or volume, click on the speaker icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
Click on the speaker icon at the left side of the volume knob to toggle sound on/off.
To adjust volume, click on the volume knob and drag the mouse to move it left or right. Once you release the mouse button, the system will sound, so you can use the system sound as a guide of the volume while setting. First set it to a small volume (left end) and gradually increase it, so that it is gentle to your ear and not annoying to the other people.