Windows profile initialization
Some troubles like the following might be fixed by initializing your Windows profile:
- When you cannot log-in even though you entered the correct username and password.
- When an application does not work properly.
To initialize your Windows profile, follow the link here.
Since it requires the authentication, enter your username and password of the Zengaku Computer System.
Windows Language Setup
You can set the following items. English, Chinese and Korean language packs are available.
Display language of Windows
Follow the steps below to change your display language of Windows.
- Click “Start” button (the button with the Windows logo) on the bottom left of the desktop, and then click the “Settings” (gear icon).
- Click “Time & language (時刻と言語)”.
- Click “Region & language (地域と言語)” in the left menu.
- In the “Languages (言語)” section click on the language you want to set, and click on the “Set as default (既定として設定する)” button.
- After setting above, once you sign out and sign in again, display language of Windows will change. Keep in mind that the layout of the keyboard may have changed due to changing the default language, so please be careful (especially on symbols) when entering the password. For details on how to change keyboard and input method (IME) please refer to the following.
Keyboard and IME
To switch keyboard or input method (IME), press [Space Key] several times while holding down the [Windows key] (the key with the Windows logo) on the keyboard, or click the Input Indicator in the Notification Area and select it.
Language preferences of Microsoft Office
Please follow the steps below to set language preferences of Microsoft Office suite.
- Click “Start” button (the button with the Windows logo) on the bottom left of the desktop, and then click the [Microsoft Office 2016 Tools]-[Office 2016 Language Preferences] in the app list.
- Select your favourite language at [Editing Language], [Display Language], [Help Language] and then click on [OK].